Home burnt down in Westlake

05 Feb

During the massive blackout on Friday night (1 February 08), which affected the whole of Cape Town, a candle blew over and a house caught fire in Westlake. Everything was destroyed but luckily the people inside were unhurt – there was an uncle, aunt, young teenage mother who is still at school with her 3 month old baby, and 3 small children (12yrs, 9yrs and a child of 5yrs who attends our Emmanuel Educare Pre-school). We assisted them with clothes, nappies, food parcels, etc. Here are some photos.